App's iCloud drive folder doesn't show in macOS (30248725)

Diese Seite verwendet Cookies. Durch die Nutzung unserer Seite erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass wir Cookies setzen. Weitere Informationen

• App's iCloud drive folder doesn't show in macOS (30248725)

Area:
      iCloud / CloudKit

Summary:
      I have an issue with iCloud documents not showing up in iCloud drive on my Mac or iCloud.com:

I’d like to migrate file synching in some of my iOS apps from Dropbox to iCloud Drive. To get myself familiar with iCloud documents I’ve written a small, very basic sample app, CloudTest. It allows the creation and editing of text document locally and in iCloud, synchronizing changes across devices. For a purpose I didn’t use a UIDocument subclass, but utilized NSFileCoordinators on my own (NSFilePresenters are not required for the sample app).

The app works well: I can create / modify / delete documents on one device, and after some moments changes are reflected on another iOS device. In addition the iCloud Drive app is reflecting the same changes on both iOS devices, so I assume synchronization with iCloud Drive is working properly.

But for some reason neither the macOS Finder on my Mac nor iCloud.com is showing the app folder of CloudTest. Folders of other iOS-only apps (e.g. GoodReader) are listed.

Here’s what I did to implement iCloud synching in CloudTest:
      • I defined an iCloud display set „iCloud.de.xyz.CloudTest“ in iTunesConnect (weird, but its never listing CloudTest as an attached app)
      • In Member Center a corresponding iCloud container „iCloud.de.xyz.CloudTest“ is defined and assigned to the App ID „de.xyz.CloudTest“
      • A dedicated distribution profile is defined for „de.xyz.CloudTest“ (not managed by Xcode)
      • In Xcode the app is defined with iCloud capabilities and the entitlements file is using the corresponding iCloud containers
      • The app’s info.plist is mentioning NSUbiquitousContainers and related keys
      • The documents directory is successfully set up using NSFileManager’s URLForUbiquityContainerIdentifier
      • Build numbers are increased for every new git commit (via Run Script phase)
      • NSFileCoordinators are used for every access to an iCloud file with the appropriate options
      Which step am I missing to propagate the app folder (and included files) to iCloud Drive on my Mac and iCloud.com? For the apps to be migrated a file synchronization with customers’ Mac / Windows computers is crucial … and was back in the past the reason to implement file synching using Dropbox.

Steps to Reproduce:
      To test synchronization I performed the following steps:
      • On all devices the same Apple ID is logged in iCloud, which is NOT the Apple ID registered as a developer
      • I connected the first test device A via USB and built / ran CloudTest on this device
      • iCloud is enabled on device A („share“ button in the tableview controller, iOS settings), the device is connected to the internet
      • I connected a second test device B via USB and built / ran CloudTest on this device
      • iCloud is enabled on device B („share“ button in the tableview controller, iOS settings), the device is connected to the internet
      • A new document is created with sample text on B by touching the „add“ button in the tableview controller and entering a filename
      • The document is shown after some seconds in CloudTest on device A
      • The document is shown in the iCloud Drive app on devices A and B
      • Neither the document nor a „CloudTest“ folder are shown in the iCloud Driver folder on my Mac or on iCloud.com (reboot without success)
      • After realizing the issue when running the app in debug mode from Xcode, I loaded CloudTest in TestFlight and installed it (after removing the debug version) on the devices A and B: Same result
      Expected Results:
      App's folder "CloudTest" appears in iCloud Drive on macOS.

Actual Results:
      App's folder "CloudTest" not shown in iCloud Drive on macOS

Version:
      macOS 10.11.6 (15G1212)

Configuration:
      iPhone 6, iOS 10.2 (14C92)
      iPad mini, iOS 10.2 (14C92)
      MacBook Pro 13“, mid 2009, macOS 10.11.6 (15G1212)
      Xcode Version 8.2 (8C38)
      Diese Seite bleibt aus technischen Gründen unbedruckt.
    • Im macOS Radar heißt es nun, das Verhalten wäre erwartet, da der Key "BRContainerIsDocumentScopePublic" in der Info.plist nicht auf wahr gesetzt sei. Mist, ich komme erst am Wochenende an meinem Mac, um das auszuprobieren, aber...

Hat jemand von Euch schon einmal von "BRContainerIsDocumentScopePublic" gehört? Ich habe diesen Key in keiner Dokumentation gefunden (oder übersehen) und auch Google kennt ihn nicht. Mir ist nur "NSUbiquitousContainerIsDocumentScopePublic" bekannt und den setzte ich auch.

Ist das vielleicht ein Typo? Ich habe im Radar mal um Quellenverweise gebeten...

Leicht irritiert, Mattes ?(
    • Der zitierte Key ist nach Meinung des DTS Bestandteil einer private API und somit keine Lösung ... der öffentlich verwendbare Schlüssel ist der o. g. "NSUbiquitousContainerIsDocumentScopePublic".

Der Bugreport wurde heute als "Duplicate" geschlossen:

Duplicate of 30012060 (Open)
      Das Ganze wird für mich wohl zur Nullnummer...

Mattes